Mechanical Engineering Internship
Internship period: June 12th – July 21st
Students interested in gaining knowledge in mechanical engineering and design, as well as obtaining experience with machining tools may apply for an internship in our Mechanical Workshop.
Interns are trained by expert machinists to design and create custom parts, using a CAD program called SolidWorks. These parts are then used to enable cutting-edge neuroscience research at the institute.
Deadline: April 21, 2017
2. Essay Responses
4. Two letters of recommendation from science teachers emailed to email@example.com
1. Please explain how participating in the summer research internship at Max Planck Florida Institute will help you achieve your educational goals.
2. Please describe your interest and experience in engineering and design.
Program Details & Requirements
– Applicants must be available to work full time (Mon-Fri, 40 hours per week) for the entire six-week period.
– Applicants must be United States citizens or permanent residents who will begin their junior or senior years in a Palm Beach County high school in the fall of the year they’re applying.
– Applicants must be 16 years of age or older by the start date of the summer internship.
– Interns will be compensated at a competitive rate.
– While students of all ethnic and cultural groups are accepted into the program, a special emphasis is placed on identifying and recruiting students who are historically underrepresented in the sciences (e.g., African-American, Hispanic, Native Pacific Islander, or Native American students).