- The Institute
- 2019 High School Summer Research Internship
2019 High School Summer Research Internship
Department: Academic Training
Open to high school students preparing to enter their junior or senior year, the Max Planck Florida Institute for Neuroscience (MPFI) Summer Research Internship offers aspiring scientists an immersive laboratory experience with MPFI researchers. This six-week internship is designed for students with an interest in brain structure, function and development, and the advanced imaging techniques and technologies used in neuroscience. Interns will participate in research projects alongside MPFI scientists, prepare a written scientific abstract based on their research project and deliver a short presentation at the end of the summer.
Education and/or Experience
Must be a sophomore or junior in high school at the time of application.
Application deadline is March 31, 2019.
- Applicants must be available to work full time (Monday – Friday) during regular daytime hours for the entire six-week period.
- Estimated work schedule is 40 hours/week.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old by the start date of the summer internship (June 10, 2019).
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Applicants must be attending a Palm Beach County high school.
- Pay rate is $11.50/hour.