Dr. Takayasu Mikuni joined the Yasuda lab as a postdoc in April 2013. His research focuses on the cellular and molecular mechanisms for the formation of dendritic spines using two-photon fluorescence lifetime imaging microscopy to image molecular activity during spine formation.
Dr. Mikuni received his PhD in Neurophysiology with Prof. Masanobu Kano at the University of Tokyo, where he studied the mechanisms of synapse elimination in the developing cerebellum. He demonstrated Arc as a critical postsynaptic mediator of synapse elimination downstream of the P/Q-type Ca2+ channel. He earned his MD at Kyoto University and worked as a pediatrician for five years.
- Mechanisms of dendritic spine formation
- Activity-dependent synapse formation/elimination
- Neural circuits formation during postnatal development
- PhD, University of Tokyo, Neurophysiology (2012)
- MD, Kyoto University (2003)